Every so often it is important to recharge our spiritual batteries. This week, July 23-30, the Richardson Seventh-day Adventist Church family and friends have been challenged to do just that.
Here are some special features of the week–
- Prayer Cards. Available at the church
- Youth Evangelism Meetings. Saturday, Wednesday and Friday evenings from 7-8:15pm at the church
- Communion and Testimony Service. Sabbath, July 30 at 6:00pm at the church.
Here are some proven steps to strengthen your personal connection with Jesus, our Source of power and strength–
- PRAY. Throughout the day look for opportunities to breathe a quick pray to Jesus about what is happening in your life, and to thank Him for being God. Pray for the people on your prayer card/list.
- FAST. Ask Jesus to show you something you should fast from this week. It might be a bad habit, such as alcohol, pornography, bitterness, etc. or a good hobby that keeps you from spending regular time studying God’s word. Be ready to share testimonies of God’s deliverance and victories at the Communion and Testimony Service Sabbath evening, July 30 at 6pm.
- PARTNER. Ask your spouse or a friend of the same gender to be your prayer and missionary partner. Talk with each other every day or two to share Bible verses, prayer for those on each others prayer lists, encouragement and ideas for outreach. Attend the Youth Evangelism meetings together if possible.
- READ. Set aside extra time this week to read and reflect on God’s word. You might use the Bible Bookmark, Sabbath School lessons or some other plan to guide your study.
- SHARE. Ask God to give you boldness to witness for Him. Give out GLOW tracts and say something good about Jesus to someone this week.
Ask Jesus for help in staying balanced and focused on what is most important in the light of eternity. “Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.” Hebrews 7:25.