The cartoon shows a pastor baptizing someone. But while they are under the water they are holding their wallet and money out of the water so it never goes under. The message is clear. The person being baptized wants to totally surrender their life to Jesus, signified by their total immersion, except in the area of their finances!
Martin Luther the great reformer of the 16th century said that people need three conversions: a conversion of the head, of the heart and of the pocketbook.
To be faithful to Jesus we need to understand Who He really is and what He has done, is doing and will do for us if we trust Him fully, even in the area of finances.
Here are some study materials that can help you have a clear understanding of God’s plan for your finances.
- In God We Trust (Amazing Facts Bible Study Guide plus audio & video presentation)
- Windows of Heaven (Storacles Bible Study Guide plus audio & video presentation)
- The History and Use of the Tithe (Research Article by various authors)
- Tithing in the Writings of Ellen G. White (Article by Angel Manuel Rodriguez)
- Resource list of articles regarding tithe (from Amazing Facts online library)
- Handling Holy Things & Holy to the Lord (Should we choose where to give “our” tithe? Articles by Angel Manuel Rodriguez)
- Gospel Finance: Pulling Together (Biblical & Ellen White Rationale for the Seventh-day Adventist Tithing System. Article by Frank Holbrook)
- What Happens to the Money I put in the Tithe Envelope? (Diagram that explains the Texas Conference Tithe & Offerings envelope)