God has designed the church to be a family for the believers. For some believers the church family is the only real family they have.
Here are five benefits of joining a church family:
- It identifies the person as a genuine believer (Ephesians 2:19; Romans 12:5).
- It provides a spiritual family to support and encourage them in their walk with Christ (Galatians 6:1-2; Hebrews 10:24-25).
- It gives them a place to discover and use their gifts in ministry (1 Corinthians 12:4-27).
- It places them under the spiritual protection of godly leaders (Hebrews 13:17; Acts 20:28-29).
- It gives them the accountability they need to grow (Ephesians 5:21).*
Since we are living in the last days we especially need the benefits of a church family to live for Jesus and take the gospel to all the world.
Invite a friend and join us this Sabbath (9am and 11:30am) at Richardson Seventh-day Adventist Church as we study the Bible and look at the blessings of being a part of the Seventh-day Adventist Church family locally and globally. This is the final message of our Restore DFW series here at Richardson and at 44 locations throughout the DFW area.
* The Purpose Driven Church, p. 313