Satan is the “the accuser of the brethren,” and it is his spirit that inspires men to watch for the errors and defects of the Lord’s people, and to hold them up to notice, while their good deeds are passed by without a mention. He is always active when God is at work for the salvation of souls. When the sons of God come to present themselves before the Lord, Satan comes also among them. In every revival he is ready to bring in those who are unsanctified in heart and unbalanced in mind. (Page 94)
To the unsanctified in heart and unbalanced in mind, I have good news. JESUS said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy GOD with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself. Luke 10:27 I referenced this chapter and verse because your personal battles will be won and lost by what you allow to influence and control Your Mind. If our minds are steadfastly on Christ we will be in perfect peace and we can encourage ourselves in the Lord as David did and move forward with all confidence.
- Satan is always on the offensive
- Satan is the adversary, a roaring lion, an enemy and destroyer of those which keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ
- He’s competing for control of your mind
- Once he has control of the mind, he has everything, even your precious soul. You’re his pawn
- Rebuke and resist him with all authority and he will flee
- Guard your heart, soul and mind with all vigilance and diligence
“The virtue of all achievement is victory over oneself. Those who know this can never know defeat.” A. J. Cronin
Unfortunately many are losing that battle. It’s evident in government, in all professions, skilled and unskilled labor; it’s running rampant in our families and schools-Columbine, and institutions of higher learning and daily life. It’s impacting the world. People are losing control which results in human suffering, grief and tragic death. There is a solution to this madness. A sound mind is needed to cope with the vicissitudes of life. Acquaint now thyself with Him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. Job 22:21
Questions for Discussion
- How can I not be deceived? Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Something to think about very seriously.
- Nursing, medicine, accounting, law, and business are all professions that require diligent study for proficiency in application. God’s word requires the same discipline if you want to be proficient in all areas of your life. Do you study His word with diligence? Study to shew thyself approved unto God… 2Tim 2:15
- How much time do you spend with God? If you spend 2hrs or more amusing yourself spend equal or more time with God. Go to Him with this in mind, you are going before Someone who made everything and He has what you need.
Family Worship Idea
Job continually prayed for his family. Expose your children to God in their youth and let the knowledge of God grow in them. This builds a strong spiritual foundation. Nurture them in the word as a mother nurtures her new born. It’s pay now or pay later. If you invest the time in them now, less problems they will be to you later. If you don’t sacrifice the time now, you will pay later-more problems than you can handle. It’s wise and most convenient for you, to pay now. You don’t want to pay later!
Personal Biography: Michael Davis
My study of the scriptures and knowledge of God began at Sacred Tabernacle Methodist Episcopal Church, in New Orleans. A Sabbath keeping church not affiliated with the 7th Day Adventist. The pastor, Seer George T. Simmons taught the church about the Sabbath. Initially I was mentally toiling with it because I was use to Sunday worship. Prayer, faith and study helped me to learn more about the Sabbath. I embraced it and faithfully practiced it to a smooth transition. It was only a burden in my mind because I created it. As I grew in the word and the Lord increasing me, I accepted the call to the ministry. I love preaching His word and sharing the good news about Christ with others. Since joining Richardson, SDA I am among a very diverse group of believers. I have learned a lot under Pastor Serns, he is indeed a preacher, teacher, educator, scholar and friend. I graduated from Southern University with a BS in business. I have the entrepreneurial mind-set. I like network marketing and business opportunites. I am single and see marriage in my future.