In June 2010 Billionaires Warren Buffet and Bill Gates launched the “Giving Pledge.” The Pledge is radical in its simplicity. Its signers have to be billionaires. And they have to promise to give at least half of their fortune to charity during their lifetimes.
Jesus watched the wealthy give away money in His day but He saw someone give more than all the wealthy. We’ll study her story from Mark 12:41-44 this Sabbath at Richardson (9am & 11:30am) as we continue our three-month journey through the Book of Mark.
To get the most out of your journey through the Book of Mark be sure to take along these things–
- Bible Bookmarks for January, February & March.
- Desire of Ages Inspired Commentary on Jesus’ life.
- Suggestions on how to take the journey.
- Sermon Series each Sabbath (9am & 11:30am) at Richardson Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- March 9 The Largest Gift Mark 12:41-44
- March 16 Watch Out! Mark 13:32-37 (Club Ministries Focus Sabbath including a special program by our Pathfinder, Adventurer & Master Guide Clubs
- March 23 Choosing Friends Wisely Mark 15:1-15
- March 30 He’s Alive! Mark 16
All events are open to the public and free of charge at 1201 W. Belt Line Road, Richardson, Texas. Feel free to invite a friend to join you in the journey!
“So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood.” Mark 12:43-44.