Hello from Bali Beach Resort in Gloria Mindoro. We have been busy since we arrived here Thursday evening. The kids hit the ground running upon arriving. Friday morning we had in service where everyone met with their translators and/or pastors. The kids spent the afternoon practicing their sermons. Some of the translators were able to stay and practice with the kids. They preached Friday evening, Sabbath morning and sabbath evening. Sunday morning some woke up ready to swim in the ocean and others to just relax. After worship and practice some of the boys went with Tony to play basketball with the locals at a court that is next door to the resort. Today, Monday, we took a group shopping and another group to the Internet cafe.
Our daily schedule looks like this:
- 8 am. Breakfast
- 9 am. Worship
- Practice sermons for 2 hours
- 1 pm lunch
- Play in the pool or ocean when the lifeguard is in duty.
- 2 pm. The ones preaching in Calapan start getting ready to leave while others practice their sermon one more time.
- 3 pm. First group leaves to either Calapan or Roxas.
- 3:30 pm next group leaves
- 4-5 pm groups continue to head out to their various sites.
- The kids are fed supper at their church.
- About 9:30 everyone starts arriving back at the resort. We have a check in/check out list they must fill in so that we can know that everyone is accounted for at the end of the day.
- The conference cooks here with us make us popcorn each evening and put out bread to go along with the peanut butter and Nutella shipped from the US just for this group by the McKeys. Everyone sits around and shares their evening experiences with each other while snacking.
- About 11 pm we send those to bed who haven’t already gone inside.
- Then we repeat it all again the next day.
For worship we have one of the kids preach to us the sermon that will be used that evening. It really helps to have the kids see one of their peers presenting what they will preach that evening. So far we have had Daniel Quinones and Danesa Serns preach. Both are naturals and did an awesome job.
I am sure you will hear a lot of details when your kids get home that are not included here. They are making great memories and we continue to pray that this trip and experience will serve as a huge blessing for each one of them.
Our kids are seeing prayers answered daily.