All of us have gasped in shock at the news of an untimely death, shaking our heads and wondering why some child or spouse was ripped away from their family so soon. How do we process this kind of news? Perhaps the story of Stephen in Acts 6-7 can help us.
We don’t know how old deacon Stephen was when he was mowed down by a volley of rocks thrown by a group of religious leaders (see Acts 7). But we do know that it wasn’t God’s will for him to die that day even though prophecy was being fulfilled (see Daniel 9:24-27). On that fateful day both Stephen, the individual, and the Sanhedrin council, the governing body of the Jewish nation, were making final decisions on their future fate.
Join us this Sabbath at Richardson (9am & 11:30am) as we explore “When Life is Cut Short” in our study of Acts 6-7. During our three-month journey through the Book of Acts & related Epistles you’ll find a life purpose so exciting that suffering doesn’t discourage you!
Future topics include–
- July 20 Adventist Education Sabbath
- July 27 “Only 30” Acts 15:36-41; 16:1-6
- August 3 Salomon Espinoza
- August 10 Armando Miranda, Jr. Youth Sabbath
- August 17 Mike & Gayle Tucker; “Mad About Marriage” Special Family Ministries Weekend
- August 24 “Turning the World Upside Down” Acts 14:1-20; 17:1-10 & 1st Thess.
- August 31 Salomon Espinoza
- September 7 “Facing a Life or Death Crisis” Acts 27-28
- September 14 “No Longer a Defeated, Christ-less Christian” Romans 7-8; Colossians 1-4
- September 21 Health Ministries Sabbath
- September 28 “Finishing Life Well” 2 Timothy 4
Here are some links to help us apply the lessons from Acts & the Epistles to our lives.
- Bible Bookmarks for Acts & Epistles- July, August, September.
- Suggestions on getting the most from your study of Acts & Epistles.
- Acts of the Apostles Inspired Commentary to enhance your Bible study of Acts & Epistles.
All events are open to the public and free of charge at 1201 W. Belt Line Road, Richardson, Texas. Feel free to invite a friend to join you!
“When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth. But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!” Acts 7:54-56.