Our minds can play tricks on us. We can imagine our new boyfriend or girlfriend is incredible, only to find out later that they are a normal human being with their share of problems. We can imagine that movie stars are really the people they are pretending to be in the movies. We can imagine that we are much stronger, smarter and/or gorgeous than we really are. In short we can all be tempted to fall in love with a fantasy.
What happens when we wake up to reality and discover we have been living in a fantasy world? How can we learn to live in reality and prepare for a better reality when Jesus returns? A story from the Book of Acts in the Bible will help us answer these questions.
Join us this Sabbath at Richardson (9am & 11:30am) as we explore “In Love With A Fantasy” in our study of Acts 14:8-20. During our three-month journey through the Book of Acts & related Epistles you’ll find a life purpose so exciting that suffering doesn’t discourage you!
Future topics include–
- August 31 “In Love With A Fantasy” Acts 14:1-20
- September 7 “Facing a Life or Death Crisis” Acts 27-28
- September 14 “No Longer a Defeated, Christ-less Christian” Romans 7-8; Colossians 1-4
- September 21 Health Ministries Sabbath
- September 28 “Finishing Life Well” 2 Timothy 4
Here are some links to help us apply the lessons from Acts & the Epistles to our lives.
- Bible Bookmarks for Acts & Epistles- July, August, September.
- Suggestions on getting the most from your study of Acts & Epistles.
- Acts of the Apostles Inspired Commentary to enhance your Bible study of Acts & Epistles.
All events are open to the public and free of charge at 1201 W. Belt Line Road, Richardson, Texas. Feel free to invite a friend to join you!
“And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men.” Acts 14:11.