Life can be discouraging sometimes. Your health deteriorates, the people close to you are dysfunctional, everything you try seems to fail.
There is hope. Some of the great people of the Bible faced serious discouragement (e.g. Elijah, David, John the Baptist) and found help and hope. Their stories can teach us some very practical things about our own lives when we face discouragement.
Join us this Sabbath at Richardson (9am & 11:30am) as we look at “Dealing With Discouragement” through a study of Psalms 42-43.
This is part of a three-month journey through the Book of Psalms as we learn how to deal with difficult emotions. Here are future subjects–
- Nov 2 Special Guest: Pastor Smith Castillo
- Nov 9 Dealing With Suffering Psalm 66
- Nov 16 Oneil Brown, Personal Ministries Sabbath
- Nov 23 Dealing With Loneliness Psalm 84
- Nov 30 Dealing With Fear Psalm 94
- Dec 7 Dealing With Inferiority Psalm 105
- Dec 14 Special Guest: Pastor Gary Blanchard, Youth Sabbath
- Dec 21 Special Guest: Pastor Dustin Serns
- Dec 28 Dealing With Guilt Psalm 143
Here are some links to help us in that journey.
- Bible Bookmarks for Psalms- October, November, December.
- Suggestions on getting the most from your study of Psalms.
- Steps to Christ– Inspired Insights to enhance your Bible study of Dealing with Difficult Emotions.
All events are open to the public and free of charge at 1201 W. Belt Line Road, Richardson, Texas. Feel free to invite a friend to join you!
“Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him
For the help of His countenance.” Psalm 42:5, 11; 43:5