A number of years ago an ad in a Kansas newspaper read, “I will listen to you talk for 30 minutes without comment for $5.00.” The person was serious. It wasn’t long before this individual was receiving 10 to 20 calls a day. The pain of loneliness was so sharp that some were willing to try anything for a half hour of companionship.
Loneliness is the first thing God ever said was “not good” (Genesis 2:18). He has a cure for it and we all need that cure!
Join us this Sabbath at Richardson (9am & 11:30am) as we look at “Dealing With Loneliness” through a study of Psalms 84.
This is part of a three-month journey through the Book of Psalms as we learn how to deal with difficult emotions. Here are future subjects–
- Nov 30 Dealing With Fear Psalm 94
- Dec 7 Dealing With Inferiority Psalm 105
- Dec 14 Pastor Salomon Espinoza, Youth Sabbath
- Dec 21 Special Guest: Pastor Dustin Serns
- Dec 28 Dealing With Guilt Psalm 143
Here are some links to help us in that journey.
- Bible Bookmarks for Psalms- October, November, December.
- Suggestions on getting the most from your study of Psalms.
- Steps to Christ– Inspired Insights to enhance your Bible study of Dealing with Difficult Emotions.
- Watch previous messages at this link.
All events are open to the public and free of charge at 1201 W. Belt Line Road, Richardson, Texas. Feel free to invite a friend to join you!
“My soul longs, yes, even faints
For the courts of the Lord;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.” Psalm 84:2