When I was eleven years old Evangelist Archer Livengood held Bible meetings in our little church in Wilson, North Carolina. During those meetings my young heart was impressed that this was my time to give the rest of my life to Jesus. At the end of the meetings, on Sabbath, April Fool’s Day, 1967 I told the world that I wanted to be a fool for Jesus (1 Corinthians 1:26-31) by being baptized.
I knew at the time that through baptism I was uniting with Jesus, His church and His final movement. Baptism helped seal and develop my identity. Since that time I have had times of struggle, doubt, discouragement, crisis and failure, but I always knew that I belonged to Jesus and was destined to do something important in His final movement.
Just before He returned to heaven, Jesus made it very clear to His followers that they should go everywhere and make disciples, and that a very important part of that process was baptism.
Join us the next few Sabbaths at Richardson (9am & 11:30am) as we look at why baptism is such an important part of our spiritual journey. This continues our series “His Commission = Your Mission.”
Here are more tools for our journey of discovering the mission Jesus gave to each of us–
“His Commission = Your Mission”
(The Great Commission – Matthew 28:18-20)
- Jan 11 “I Am With You Always”
- Jan 18 Club Ministries Sabbath
- Jan 25 “Make Disciples” Part 1
- Feb 1 “Make Disciples” Part 2
- Feb 8 Pastor Salomon Espinoza
- Feb 15 Religious Liberty Weekend, Speaker- Dr. Ed Cooke
- Feb 22 “Go to All Nations” Part 1
- Mar 1 Pastor Salomon Espinoza
- Mar 8 “Go to All Nations” Part 2
- Mar 15 Stewardship Ministries Sabbath
- Mar 22 “Baptizing them…” Part 1
- Mar 29 “Baptizing them…” Part 2
- Apr 5 “Re-baptism or Communion?” (Communion Sabbath)
- Apr 12 Pastor Salomon Espinoza, Youth Sabbath
- Apr 19 AY Ministries Sabbath
- Apr 26 “Teach Them All Truth” Part 1; International Sabbath (wear your native dress and bring a native dish to the vegetarian potluck lunch)
- May 3 Pastor Salomon Espinoza
- May 10 Women’s Ministry Sabbath
- May 17 “Teach Them All Truth” Part 2
The Great Commission
(click links for Bible Bookmarks)
“And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.” Matthew 28:18-20
For best results, P.R.A.I.S.E.!
- Pray, asking God for wisdom
- Read the Bible passage for the day
- Apply the Bible passage to your life
- Interact with a Bible Study Group
- Share something good with someone
- Encourage others to join the journey
Start or Join a Group
Why not invite friends & family to join you on this journey? Pick a regular place & time each week to share what you are learning. Matthew 18:20. You’ll love it!
Additional Recommendations for
The Great Commission
Books by Ellen G. White (found at www.egwwritings.org)- Acts of the Apostles, Evangelism, Christian Service
Pathfinder Honors (found at www.pathfindersonline.org/honors/index) – Cultural Diversity Appreciation, Adventurer for Christ, Personal Evangelism, Junior Witness, Prayer
All events are open to the public and free of charge at 1201 W. Belt Line Road, Richardson, Texas. Feel free to invite a friend to join you!