By the end of his life King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 other lovers (1 Kings 11:1-4). But he didn’t start out so badly. In fact he started very well. There is evidence to show that for his first 20 years of marriage he was faithful to his 1st wife, a daughter of Pharaoh, king of Egypt. What lessons can we learn from their love story, found in the Bible’s Song of Solomon, that will strengthen our relationship with our friends, our spouse and our God?
During the months of September and October 2014 we are studying some of the love stories of the Bible and learning lessons for our own relationships. Join us this Sabbath at Richardson (9am & 11:30am) as we look at the love story of Solomon & his 1st wife, and learn lessons from someone who started right (but finished badly). We will also be experiencing the communion service together. Feel free to invite friends. Here are more tools to help us distinguish between the joy of true love and pain of unhealthy lust.
Series: Love Stories of the Bible
- September 5 “Love” Pastor Eric Louw
- September 12 Health Ministries Sabbath – Texas Health Huguley Team led by Ken Finch, CEO
- September 19 Adam & Eve – Genesis 2:18-25
- September 26 Isaac & Rebekah – Genesis 24
- October 4 Solomon & Pharaoh’s Daughter – Song of Solomon; Communion Sabbath
- October 11 Pastor Eric Louw – Hosea & Gomer
- October 18 Adventist History Sabbath – Dr. Ingo Sorke, Theology Professor, Southwestern Adventist University
- 9am “I will never become an Adventist!” – My Story
- 11:30am “Ellen G Why?” – Her Story
- 4:30pm (White Rock Lake Campus) “Altar Call” – His Story
- October 25 The Lamb & His Bride – Revelation 21-22
Bible Bookmarks Reading Plan
Love Stories of the Bible
Love stories have a way of capturing our attention. We want to see how other relationships develop so we can learn how to enhance our own. You will learn from the joy of healthy love and the pain of unhealthy love as you take this two-month Bible Bookmark adventure!
For best results, P.R.A.I.S.E.!
- Pray, asking God for wisdom
- Read the Bible passage for the day
- Apply the Bible passage to your life
- Interact with a Bible Study Group
- Share something good with someone
- Encourage others to join the journey
Start or Join a Group
Why not invite friends & family to join you on this journey? Pick a regular place & time each week to share what you are learning. Matthew 18:20. You’ll love it!
Additional Recommendations for Love Stories of the Bible
Books by Ellen G. White (found at www.egwwritings.org)- Letters to Young Lovers; Message to Young People; Adventist Home; Child Guidance Pathfinder Honors (found at www.pathfindersonline.org/honors/index) – Family Life; Prayer.
All events are open to the public and free of charge at 1201 W. Belt Line Road, Richardson, Texas. Feel free to invite a friend to join you!